RCAT Licensed ROOFERS
Due to the lack of state oversight, Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT) developed the Licensed Roofing Contractor program to increase consumer protection and secure public confidence in the roofing industry. Many trustworthy contractors have decided to voluntarily participate in self-regulation to elevate their knowledge, skills, and professionalism. The program also provides a safe and easy way for consumers to verify contractor credentials.
The program requires contractors pass a criminal background check and successfully complete a residential and/or commercial technical roofing exam, as well as, pass a section testing safety and business acumen. Contractors must renew the license every year and complete Continuing Education requirements to ensure consistent adherence to RCAT’S high professional standards.
If you have further questions about the RCAT Licensed Roofing Contractor program or would like to verify the credentials of a roofing contractor, please call (800) 997-6631 or (512) 251-7690.
Overview of Qualifications
1. Individuals are to be licensed, not companies and must be a principal domiciled in the State of Texas for at least three continuous years.
2. Must have three satisfactory credit references in Texas.
3. Must have four satisfactory business references in Texas.
4. Must submit satisfactory evidence of financial responsibility
5. Must complete a residential and/or commercial technical roofing exam which also requires business and safety acumen.
Click the button below for a detailed list of qualifications and information on licensing, exams, and renewal fees.